Nokia has created a set of classes to be used in conjunction with Flash Lite, the Flash Lite Developer’s Library, allowing you to create flash content for different devices designed to platform S60.
O S60 Platform Services aims, to increase the power of Flash Lite, giving access to resources that natively, are not supported in Flash Lite still.
A API Services is supported on devices with Flash Lite 3.0 and Symbian S60 5th Edition including Nokia N97.
The following are some examples of uses of the API Services..
- Access and launch applications on a device using the AppManager Service API
- Access and manage calendar information using the Calendar Service API
- Access and manage information about contacts using the Contacts Service API
- Access and manage information about landmarks using the Landmarks Service API
- Access device logging events using the Logging Service API
- Access device location information and perform location-based calculations using the Location Service API
- Access information about media files stored on a device using the Media Management Service API
- Send, retrieve, and manage messages such as SMS and MMS using the Messaging Service API
- Access data from the physical sensors of a device using the Sensor Service API
- Access and modify system information on a device using the SystemInfo Service API
Another nice example:
Accessing GPS with Nokia Platform Services
Using Platform Services
Flash Lite Developerâ€™s Library